The world is at a critical tipping point; business as usual is not an option.
CDP is a global non-profit, headquartered in London, that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with more than 590 investors with over $110 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 10,000 organisations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2020, including more than 9,600 companies, representing over 50% of global market capitalisation, and over 940 cities, states and regions, representing a combined population of over 2.6 billion.
We are looking for a Risk Manager to advise us on various types of risks (business, financial, legal and compliance). You will identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems.
In this role, you should be highly perceptive and methodical. You should also be able to communicate effectively and present your plans in a convincing way. If you have experience in risk assessment and financial analysis, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that CDP secures its reputation and profitability by controlling risk. This is a new role reporting into CDP’s General Counsel and Director of Legal, Risk & Compliance.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead the identification, communication, measurement and management of organisation-wide risk
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement standards, processes, programs and best practices related to risk management
- Conduct assessments to define and analyse possible risks
- Evaluate the gravity of each risk by considering its consequences
- Audit processes and procedures
- Develop risk management controls and systems
- Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Manage insurance procurement
- Create contingency plans to manage crises
- Evaluate existing policies and procedures to find weaknesses
- Prepare reports and present recommendations
- Help implement solutions and plans
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and train them when necessary
- Proven experience as a Risk Manager
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act, Data Protection Act)
- Strong computer skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Superior organisation, project management skills and attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Law, Business, Finance or a related field
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification and/or qualified accountant is a plus
Further details and how to apply
This is a full-time, permanent role based at CDP’s Central London office with options for remote and flexible working.
Salary and benefits: up to £75k per annum depending on experience, annual discretionary bonus, 30 days’ holiday, generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and other benefits.
But more than just a talented Risk Manager, we are looking for someone who has a passion for Sustainability and someone who is looking for more than just a job. Do you want to make a difference?
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
How to apply
Please apply via our retained recruitment partner, Charlotte James Associates. You can upload your CV on their website www.charlottejames.com or email their consultant Gary Raymond email@example.com or call him on 07866 454 731. The deadline is 23:59 on 31 October 2021.