Associate Director, Capital Markets – Maternity Cover
Job Purpose and Background
CDP is seeking an experienced professional to provide interim cover for the role of UK Director. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience working within a financial market related sales or marketing role, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships with institutional investment managers, integrated financial institutions and the broader capital markets community. The individual should also have a passion for ESG issues and be able to communicate how these can be integrated into the mainstream investment process. The Associate Director will report to the Global Director of Capital Markets and work integrally with the global capital markets team.
About CDP: CDP is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the global system for companies, cities, states and regions to measure, disclose, manage and share vital information on their environmental performance. CDP works with institutional investors and capital markets actors with assets of over US $110 trillion to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them.
• Manage UK Capital Markets team, reporting to the Global Director of Capital Markets
• Carry out a regionally appropriate strategy as defined by the Global Capital Markets program
• Raise the profile of CDP’s capital markets work across the financial sector, with specific focus on the environmental impact of financing (“financed emissions”).
• Develop and implement CDP's strategy for collaboration with other regionally-relevant investor and finance groups
• Coordinate the recruitment of signatories to CDP and the relevant derived income.
• Represent the Capital Markets program strategy, progress and actions to all UK team members
• Achieve annual financial targets for the UK Capital Markets program
• Represent CDP's Global Capital Markets program at external events
• Utilize knowledge and understanding of sustainable finance to further engage the broader capital markets
• Remain abreast of investment trends in ESG and feeding information back to CDP management and the wider Capital Markets team
• Lead the regional Capital Markets program work, to include:
• Cultivate UK signatories
• Develop and build strong relationships with key investors, financial institutions and capital markets participants
• Organize roadshows and roundtables with major financial institutions and investors
• Work with other programmatic teams in collaborative projects and activities to achieve CDP's overall strategic plan
• Maintain and strengthen relationships with other key stakeholders such as NGOs, academics, and consultants
Required skills and experience:
• Experience in management level roles; management skills to ensure day-to-day running of the team and effectively deal with a matrix management structure
• Exceptional sales and marketing skills to develop high level relationships with key global capital markets actors to increase awareness of CDP’s capital markets program and financial markets work.
• Strong communication skills and ability to draw key messages out of complex research for both internal and external audiences, including investors.
• Ability to have high level strategic thinking, while also being able to be detail-oriented
• An understanding of capital markets and the investment management industry with a passion for sustainable investment.
• Experience and or confidence in liaising with contacts at pension funds, insurance companies, investment managers, banks, insurers and stock exchanges Additional characteristics, traits and skills:
• A demonstrated interest in how climate change and other environmental concerns relate to material business risks and opportunities;
• A desire to take ownership and responsibility for their work
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills and a desire to seek out speaking and networking opportunities
• The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard
• A flexible but diligent working style, with proven record of working within a team
• Experienced working in the financial markets, preferably in a sales role
• A passion for integrating ESG issues into the mainstream investment process
Benefits: Competitive salary based on experience, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits. Eligibility: Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK for the term of the contract.
We are not able to sponsor this position.
Deadline for applications: ASAP – review on rolling basis.
Start date: Dec 2021 Additional information