Job Purpose and Background
Are you excited by the idea of helping to develop a brand new role? A role which will occupy a core position in the continued growth of CDP in Asia supporting the companies, cities, states and regions who use our disclosure platform to report their sustainability data.
Do you also enjoy developing teams to build excellence in service delivery, and acting as a chief liaison point for key internal and regional stakeholders?
As part of our overall global growth strategy we are seeking a motivated and organised individual with a background in stakeholder engagement, relationship building, team leadership and business development to manage our vibrant Disclosure Operations Team in India.
Part of a team of regional managers reporting to the Senior Operations Delivery Manager in the UK, it will entail critical activities to support the successful delivery of CDP’s disclosure cycle.
You will be responsible for ensuring your team delivers on time to quality. You will be the face of Disclosure Operations within your region, and will engage across the CDP programmes in your region to understand operational needs and share this with the global management team.
CDP is a growing organisation and we want you to bring your ideas on how we can transform and innovate in our cross-regional operations.
About the Disclosure Operations Team
The Disclosure Operations Team (DOT) works to optimise and organise the discloser experience and disclosure processes and information for our stakeholders. This means that we work to enable disclosure to happen, bringing together the work of many teams across CDP to manage and deliver a world-class environmental disclosure system.
Core to our work is setting up, testing and supporting the systems, data and processes that make the annual disclosure process function. We work across all of CDP’s teams, themes and programs, providing first and second level support to disclosing organizations, through guidance resources, and replying to over 10,000 queries a year. We provide key disclosure statistics for CDP, and training to colleagues on the fundamentals of supporting disclosers.
In essence, we operate CDP’s global disclosure system with excellence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Senior Operations Leadership, lead the development of our operational hub in India, providing front line and second line support to customers primarily in the Asia Pacific region
- Support the effective delivery of key segments of CDP’s core disclosure operations, and improvement projects, ensuring an excellent customer experience
- Develop operational processes, constantly looking for efficiency improvements and streamlining of program delivery
- Liaison with our Corporate and Supply Chain operations and other department areas in support of regional business development
- Oversee project areas performed by the Disclosure Operations Team in India
- Recruitment, onboarding and training support for the Disclosure Operations team in India, both inhouse and outsourced
- Support with onboarding and line management of seasonal support team (c.8 months of the year)
- Line management and development of permanent members within the India Disclosure Operations team (direct team intended by August 2022).
- Additional cross-departmental light touch (administrative) line management to other regional staff based in India
- Work with cross-departmental delivery leads to enable smooth transition between peak work areas
You will have the following skills and experience:
- You have 3-5 years’ experience of team leadership, with a passion for helping colleagues improve and developing people
- You are a positive and enthusiastic team player with a high level of self-motivation and drive, committed to achieving high standards
- You possess strong natural leadership and enjoy the respect of your colleagues and direct team members
- You enjoy working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in support of engagement and cross-departmental projects
- You enjoy working with complex data and have meticulous attention to detail
- You thrive on giving great quality customer and user service
- You have excellent time management skills and are able to meet deadlines
- You are a strong communicator and collaborator - fluent in English and Hindi
- You quickly grasp and master new IT systems, with a high level of proficiency in Office365 and prior database experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role; customer service, project management, or business development related.
- Experience with Dynamics365 and/or Azure DevOps (or similar)
- Project management experience or understanding – e.g. PRINCE2, Scrum/Agile
- An interest in working for an environmental NGO and an understanding of and desire to promote corporate and government sustainability reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to sustainability and climate change
This is a full-time and ongoing role forming part of our India team with offices in New Delhi, with a hybrid work policy in place to allow the ability for some remote working.
Salary and Benefits:
- INR 560,000 to INR 740,000 per annum
- Annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance).
- 22 holidays (annually) plus bank holidays
- Parental and compassionate leave
- Study leave
- Medical Insurance covering employee/spouse & 2 children
- Provident Fund
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in India.
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply: Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
The initial application deadline is Friday 3rd December with an intended start date of early to mid January 2022.