Job Purpose and Background in summary
Do you like problem-solving? Are you good at working across teams to find collaborative solutions? Are you organized? Do you have an interest in communications?
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management you will support the work on CDP disclosure policies, processes, systems and communications in the new Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management Team. You will work with global teams to gather feedback, think creatively and collaborate to resolve problems, create clear policies, guidance and communications and facilitate solutions that work for CDP’s systems and account for local needs. This role has a particular focus on supporting the operational activities for disclosure communications.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 590 institutional investors with assets of over US$110 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9,600 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to more than 940 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management Team
CDP’s Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management Team sits within the Disclosure Management function. This new internal-facing team works across teams, functions and grades to “bridge” the gap between the operational teams and external-facing stakeholder teams, providing high quality guidance and support to both areas to manage disclosure. It does this by:
- bringing together internal stakeholder teams to foster “One global internal Stakeholder Team”
- ensuring that there is consistency in ways of working across the Global organisation
- ensuring all stakeholder teams are kept informed on all matters operational and provide that single voice of truth
- providing high quality guidance and advice to both the operational teams and the external-facing stakeholder teams to manage disclosure
- ensuring all changes (business and systems) meet stakeholder needs, acting as an advisory
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Senior Manager, Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management and provide ad hoc support to the wider Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management Team as needed
- Work across teams to gather internal feedback and suggest improvements to policies and ways of working
- Work with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager and across global teams to create, translate and deliver key disclosure communications
- Create and verify mailing list requirements
- Use MS Dynamics 365 to create mailing lists and send disclosure emails
- Use Content Management Systems (CMS) to update comms on customer portal/dashboards, as needed.
- Draft internal and external communications for review
- Take and circulate notes for meetings as needed
You will have the following skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Organized with good time management
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to listen and assimilate information
- Enjoy problem-solving
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Support for CDP’s mission
- Experience using Microsoft Office, CRM, D365, Content Management Systems (CMS) and Power BI
- Experience working within an NGO environment
- Experience working with global teams
- Knowledge of CDP’s existing ways of working is advantageous
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s UK office reporting to Senior Manager, Global Stakeholder Disclosure Management. Part-time will be considered for the right candidate.
Salary and benefits: £25,967 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, Training and development, flexible working opportunities as well as hybrid working and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
The deadline is 9am on Monday 20 February 2023.