Job Purpose and Background in summary
Are you passionate about driving global action on climate change, deforestation and water security? Could you help support the world’s biggest companies access and use powerful data insights to make transformative changes in favour of people and the planet?
CDP is looking for a capable Product Owner to help manage the development and ensure the delivery of our suite of data analytics products. Working within the Global Corporations and Supply Chains function within CDP, the successful candidate will be relied upon to act as the bridge between our Supply Chain Program customers and our internal development teams in order to develop and deliver products and services which meet our customer needs and progress CDP’s mission.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 600 institutional investors with assets of over US$110 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 13,000 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2021. This is in addition to more than 940 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Global Corporations and Supply Chains (CSC) function
The Global Corporations and Supply Chains (CSC) function at CDP is responsible for managing the primary commercial interaction between corporate entities and CDP. The wider team provides account management and supports the delivery of products and services to our external partners across many diverse themes of work. Within the CSC function the successful candidate will sit within the Customer Experience – Membership Products and Services (CX P&S) team. This team works with CSC and other parts of the wider organization to convert customer needs and internal CSC team requirements into products and services that are delivered on time and meet high standards to create value for both CSC customers and CDP.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collection of external and internal requirements for data outputs.
- Production of specification documents based on prioritised external and internal requirements.
- Communication of specifications and collaboration with internal technology development teams to deliver on those specifications, to include a degree of executive decision making with regards to features, form and function
- Serve as primary internal expert on the products managed and become a trusted source of information for colleagues.
- Other product related tasks as required by Senior Manager
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with large, complex data architectures involving multiple flows of data;
- Experience in managing and delivering complex projects;
- Experience working independently in a fast-moving, cross-functional environment;
- Strong communication skills and excellent standard of written English.
Desirable criteria (optional)
- 3 years professional or academic experience within an environmental thematic context;
- Fluency in one of CDP’s other primary operational languages (Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese);
- Experience interfacing with Microsoft Azure Dev Ops or similar;
- Experience working with Microsoft Power BI;
- Prior familiarity with Microsoft SQL.
This is a full time role based at CDP’s London office reporting to the Senior Manager, CSC Membership Products and Services.
Salary and benefits: £37,643 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. The deadline is Sunday 5 June 2022, however we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may choose to close our search earlier