Job purpose and background
Are you passionate about communications and the environment? Are you looking for a role that uses your skills in strategic communications to make a difference? CDP is looking for a full-time Communications Manager to be based in our Tokyo, Japan office. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic business-facing organization, working to get CDP’s messages across to our key audiences.
The successful candidate will play a lead role in terms of communication within Japan office, which is responsible for CDP’s external global communications and marketing in Japan. You will be a results-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider global team. The successful candidate will lead, develop and implement integrated multi-channel communications strategies and plans, in line with CDP’s strategic plan and the needs of our target audiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and support the development and implementation of a proactive multi-channel communications strategy in Japan
- Lead the development and implementation of communications plans and campaigns for various programs in Japan in collaboration with global team and other teams.
- Build relationships with target media and maximize media coverage of CDP Japan through compelling news stories and thought leadership
- Oversee and develop creative content in line with our content strategy and plan, for media articles, social media, marketing collateral, etc, working closely with the global communications colleagues and other team
- Maximize the effectiveness of key digital channels
- Lead and support the events held in Japan and promote it to the various channels
Required skills and experience:
- Strong experience of developing, implementing and evaluating highly successful multi-channel communications strategies
- Strong PR experience and demonstrable knowledge of media, including business, trade and environment media
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and nurture relationships both internally and externally, including complex multi-stakeholder relationships
- Experience working as part of a global team
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to turn complex information into compelling stories and content
- Strong marketing mind with the ability to expand our mission to existing and potential stakeholders
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Extensive experience in promoting content on a wide range of digital and traditional platforms
- The ability to process complex information
- Excellent team skills and the flexibility to work across the business and with global offices/teams
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple project and stakeholder demands simultaneously
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese
- Business level English skill
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge of environmental issues such as climate change, water security, deforestation and biodiversity
- Experience working with global corporations, cities or national or local government
Salary and benefits:
Competitive NGO salary dependent on experience, flexible working opportunities, health insurance, welfare pension and others. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.
Before you apply:
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities (with relevant references/certificates) in English and Japanese as a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with ‘Comms Manager – First Name and Surname’ in the subject. The deadline is 16:00 JST, 30 June 2022. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as there is a suitable candidate even prior to the deadline.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.