Job Purpose and Background in summary
CDP, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work. In your role as Account Manager, Supply Chain, you will work closely with our member companies as they embed sustainability into their procurement processes. Through a range of advisory, capacity building and analytical activities you will support the creation of data driven strategies to underpin ambitious corporate targets to reduce emissions, improve water security and halt deforestation in global supply chains. The role covers Japanese members.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 590 institutional investors with assets of over US$110 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 13,000 companies with over 65% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2021. This is in addition to more than 940 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Supply Chain Team
CDP’s Supply Chain team works with our member base to cascade action on climate change, deforestation and water security down the supply chain. Through this action, precipitated by annual disclosure and driven by engagement between customers and suppliers, CDP’s Supply Chain program continues to change the face of environmental stewardship across the world.
The role includes:
- Recruiting new members for CDP’s Supply Chain program and general business development for the program in Japan;
- Establishing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with relevant sustainability and procurement managers as well as trade associations, industry working groups and other organizations working in the sustainable supply chain and procurement field;
- Presenting on webinars and at events to raise awareness and develop new leads for future members of the program.
- Managing relationships with existing members including advising on current best practice and providing strategy support towards sustainable supply chain goals and ambitions;
- Supporting member companies’ engagement around annual supplier disclosure through communications support and providing capacity building content for suppliers and procurement teams;
- Delivering analysis of supplier data and facilitating member integration of data into procurement processes and decision making;
- Other work, as required, supporting global program initiatives and collaborating with other CSC teams to drive CDP impact and engagement objectives.
Required skills and experience:
- An entrepreneurial and enthusiastic spirit with the ability to self-manage;
- Good business communications experience, a strong command of business language and confidence in interacting with senior contacts;
- Strong networking, sales or negotiation skills;
- A clear understanding of the aims of CDP’s supply chain program and a strong conviction about CDP’s impact;
- Data analysis and / or thorough research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite with particular emphasis on Excel;
- Fluency in Japanese, good enough English to communicate with global team, and understand technical documents.
- Existing knowledge in understanding climate change, deforestation and water-related issues from a business and procurement perspective;
- Experience of public speaking, presenting or delivering online content;
- Experience of CDP and its mission.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Japan office reporting to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive NGO salary dependent on experience, flexible working opportunities, health insurance, welfare pension and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities (with relevant references/certificates) in English and Japanese as a single PDF file, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘AM Supply Chain – First Name and Surname’ in the subject. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as there is a suitable candidate even prior to the deadline.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.