CDP, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual with keen interest in environmental reporting and transparency to support CDP’s corporate engagement in Japan. In your role as Account Manager, Corporate Relations, you will work with Japanese companies to accelerate CDP’s mission and motivate these global multinationals to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and banning deforestation from direct corporate business practices.
You will need various skill on the customer management to engage with approx. 2000 Japanese companies. Advanced knowledge of environmental issues and analytical skills are beneficial. Fluent business Japanese speaking and writing ability is needed, as well as English good enough to communicate with global CDP team, and understand technical documents in English.
The project manager role covers corporates from Japan. The Corporate Relationship team sits within the wider CDP Corporates and Supply Chain (CSC) team.
The role includes:
- Engaging with around 2,000 Japanese companies that are requested to respond to CDP on behalf of CDP signatories to disclose their environmental information through CDP and to commit to leadership initiatives such as SBTs.
- Planning and organizing workshops and events to raise awareness of the sustainability related disclosure among Japanese audience.
- Translating and drafting the supporting materials available to Japanese responding companies
- Drafting the presentations and reports related to the sustainability information disclosure in Japan
- Communicating with other regional staffs and other teams to enhance our engagement with Japanese companies
- Conducting data analysis of companies’ response data
- Other related work
Salary and benefits:
Competitive NGO salary dependent on experience, flexible working opportunities, health insurance, welfare pension and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities (with relevant references/certificates) in English and Japanese as a single PDF file, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘AM CR – First Name and Surname’ in the subject. The deadline is 16:00 JST, 31 March 2023. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as there is a suitable candidate even prior to the deadline.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.