CDP, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual with keen interest in environmental reporting and transparency to support CDP’s corporate engagement work in CDP Reporter Services membership program. In your role as Account Manager, Reporter Services, you will work with member companies to accelerate CDP’s mission and motivate these global multinationals to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and banning deforestation from direct corporate business practices.
You will need advanced knowledge of environmental issues and be able to get up to speed quickly with large amounts of technical CDP environmental reporting requirements across multiple sectors & geographies. You will need excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to be able to easily understand company’s needs, tailor membership delivery and identify opportunities to pitch products/services. Fluent business Japanese speaking and writing ability is needed, as well as English good enough to communicate with global CDP team, and understand technical documents in English.
The account manager role covers corporates from Japan. The Reporter Services team sits within the wider CDP Corporates and Supply Chain (CSC) team.
The role includes:
- Managing up to 20 corporate member accounts headquartered in Japan.
- Delivering the membership benefits for your corporate member accounts, including question-level gap analysis exercises of CDP climate change, forests and/or water security disclosures, data analysis & peer benchmarking and tracking delivery of these set membership benefits.
- Securing renewal and income of these existing members and cultivate new Reporter Services membership sign-up and income.
- Deepening relationships and generate further leads and referrals for relevant opportunities with additional CDP membership options for supply chain engagement, partnerships, or commitments to leadership initiatives (SBTs, RE100).
- Coordinating CDP communications to your corporate member accounts
- Record keeping of membership, invoicing, company & contact information through client relationship management systems.
- Supporting and managing projects across global Reporter Services program areas, such as product development, marketing and sales, member communications and/or events
- Supporting and managing projects across regional CSC team for regional events and webinars, communications, and business development
- Representing CDP as a subject matter expert through networking and speaking engagements at sustainability and sector-related conferences.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive NGO salary dependent on experience, flexible working opportunities, health insurance, welfare pension and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities (with relevant references/certificates) in English and Japanese as a single PDF file, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘AM RS2 – First Name and Surname’ in the subject. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as there is a suitable candidate even prior to the deadline.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.