Are you passionate about how financial services companies can contribute to a climate resilient, environmentally sustainable future? CDP are looking for a Technical Manager to join our Financial Services team to provide a critical contribution to CDP’s mission. This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact globally on how banks, asset owners, asset managers and insurers respond to the key environmental challenges of climate change and threats to nature.
The Technical Manager will utilise their expertise in the financial sector, understanding of best practices in environmental stewardship, and skills in research and analysis, to help develop CDP’s financial services sector questionnaire and guidance.
The Disclosure Content department develops CDP’s world leading questionnaires and guidance for organisations reporting environmental information to investors and other data users. We ensure the questionnaires push companies beyond business as usual, catalysing change in their environmental performance. We aim to balance completeness, transparency and quality of data disclosed with the practicality and resources required by companies to collect and report on this data within their own operations and throughout their value chain.
This is a full time role reporting to the Manager, Financial Services. It will either be based at CDP’s London office or we will also consider applications for our other offices, including North America and Europe.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking research to support the development and delivery of CDP’s financial services sector questionnaire and guidance
- Leading the development of new water-related indicators for financial institutions
- Preparing reports, presentations and presenting updates to funders, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Leading and facilitating industry working groups and managing key stakeholder relationships
- Providing technical support to engagement teams during meetings with financial services companies
- Analysing response data to inform questionnaire revisions and development
- Maintaining the financial services sector questionnaire development log and ensuring feedback is appropriated logged and implemented
- Responding to technical queries on the financial services sector questionnaire and guidance
Required skills and experience:
- An academic qualification in a financial discipline or sustainable development
- At least one year of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of climate change and nature-related issues in the context of financial services businesses
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis skills
- Strong prioritisation, organisational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in sustainable finance and/or environment, social and governance (ESG) risk management
- A good understanding of banking, asset management or insurance with a passion for sustainable finance
- Good knowledge of the Task force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD), Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi), and the Paris Agreement
- Flexible, diligent and collaborative working style with a proven record of working within a team to deliver projects successfully
Salary and benefits: £37,643 - £40,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the country they are applying for. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a final deadline of the 5th June.