Job Purpose and Background in summary
Are you passionate about evidence based and data drive policy development? Would you like to build the use of ESG disclosure and CDP data, insights and research in decision making? Are you interested in engaging within policy makers and regulators organizing campaigns and events at key international policy arenas such as COPs, General Assembly, G7 and G20, High Level Political Forum? We are seeking a dynamic and engaging professional to join the CDP Global Policy Team to advance the team external engagement, in order to strengthen CDP influence over decision makers, enhance public standing and generate positive coverage for the organization in order to advance the CDP Environmental Agenda.
CDP is a global non-profit that focuses investors, companies, cities and governments to disclose and act on their environmental impacts. This network of over 515 investors and 125 purchasing companies representing over $106 trillion in assets and purchasing power, along with policymakers and NGOs around the world, uses CDP data and insights to make better-informed decisions to shift capital towards a low-carbon economy. Our disclosure platform collects data annually from over 13000 companies on their business operations related to climate change, water security, and forests, as well as reporting from over 1000 cities, states and regions on mitigation and adaption efforts. The result of this disclosure across sectors and geographies is the world’s most comprehensive collection of accessible, comparable, and self-reported environmental data that is used to drive action by public and private actors.
Key responsibilities include
- Lead the effective deployment and the continuous improvement of the CDP Policy Dashboard, in line with the CDP Policy Engagement and External Affairs Programme Plan
- Coordinate the CDP Governmental Partnership Programme leading the development of the programme and the regional coordination
- Supervise the Development of campaigns and events, including the development pf key positions and desired outcomes, in line with the CDP Policy Engagement and External Affairs Programme Plan
- Support the Global Director Policy Engagement and External Affairs in the engagement with priority organizations and regulators on the use of data for decision making
- Align with the comms team on campaigns and events
- Develop internal CDP information sharing and capacity building
- Track record of external engagement with policy actors and decision makers
- Strong project management skills, with proven track record of effectively leading workstreams
- Solid analytical skills (e.g. in data analysis, political analysis, research)
- Experience in consultation and facilitation of organizational positions
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Track-record of international work and across time zones
- Minimum 6-year professional experience in fields related to the position
- Ability to work well to tight deadlines and in circumstances where things can change quickly, whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and sensitive or confidential issue
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- An educational background relevant to the role
This is a full-time, one year fixed-term role based at CDP’s London office or Berlin office, reporting to the Global Director – Policy Engagement and External Affairs. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK or in Germany.
Salary and benefits
£45000 - £50000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, Training and development, Flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to email@example.com with ‘Lead – External Affairs’ followed by your first name and surname in the subject. We encourage you to apply early as we will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis. The deadline is 23:59 GMT, 12th June 2022.