Job Purpose and Background
Do you have a passion for the Environment and Sustainability want to make a difference? Would you like to work with the leading businesses in India on climate action? CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven self-starter skills to join the CDP India`s Disclosure and SBTi team. The successful candidate will join the leading climate action team in the country and would be actively engaging with corporates and professionals working to embed ESG (Climate Change) integration into mainstream businesses.
Through a range of advisory, capacity building and analytical activities you will support the creation of data driven strategies to underpin ambitious corporate targets to reduce emissions, improve water security and halt deforestation.
- Support the CDP disclosure program for all the three themes i.e., Climate Change, Water Security, and Forest and uptake of Science Based Targets by Indian corporates
- Engage with companies to encourage them and support their disclosure of environmental data to CDP and increase the adoption of SBTs by Indian corporates
- Stay apprised on development in SBTi criteria and recommendations and best practices adopted across sectors to support clients effectively
- Respond to queries related to CDP questionnaires and online systems providing effective and high-quality support
- Support team in various SBTi related projects and developing an active corporate engagement strategy
- Undertake primary and secondary research and analysis for technical report writing for Annual Disclosures and Science Based Targets
- Contribute to developing case studies, white papers, and presentations
- Draft well-written and concise communications materials
- Stakeholder and corporate engagement
- Assist team in organizing workshops and webinars for corporates, FIs, SMEs and supply chain
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
- Master’s degree in science/engineering with specialization in Environmental science / Sustainability / Energy studies.
- Minimum 2+ year of relevant work experience
- Strong hold on corporate greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and reporting standards such as ISO14064, GHG Protocol, etc.
- Experience in coordinating work across different organizations, with emphasis on collaborative initiatives
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- High accountability, ownership of tasks and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in data analysis/visualization tools would be a great add
- Good knowledge of local and global sustainability and environmental issue
- Experience in project management preferred.
This is a full-time WFO role based at CDP's New Delhi office for a fixed term of 1 year (with possibility of renewal basis performance),
Salary and benefits
- INR 5 lacs- 7 lacs per annum
- 22 holidays (annually) plus bank holidays
- Parental and compassionate leave
- Study leave –
- Medical insurance covering employee/spouse and two children
- Provident fund
Before you Apply:
We'll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities which should not be no more than two pages with Engagement Officer : Disclosures and SBTi