Do you have a keen eye for data and a passion to developing a career in environmental sustainability? CDP has an excellent opportunity for you to follow the disclosure cycle by working across both the Scoring team and Disclosure Operations team.
In the Scoring team, CDP scores companies and cities on their environmental performance. For around four months of the year this role would involve applying scoring methodologies to various responses across climate change, water security, forests and cities themes. For the remainder of the year you will work in the Disclosure Operations Team utilising your customer service and data management skills firstly to help CDP deliver first rate support to the tens of thousands of requested organisations who utilise CDP in their drive towards environmental sustainability, and secondly, to work on the data that enables organizations to disclose.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
Working with the scoring team to deliver CDP’s annual scoring cycle, including:
• Scoring corporate and/or cities responses
• Quality assurance of scoring methodology application
• Responding to technical queries on implementation of the scoring methodologies
Working with the Disclosure Operations team to deliver key segments of CDP’s core offering, such as:
• Manage and respond to online queries from users, customers, colleagues and other stakeholders via CDP’s case management system.
• Upload and maintain request lists on behalf of our disclosers and key client accounts
• Database management and performance of CRM actions in support of user issue resolution
• Assist with the review, development and documentation of disclosure processes in support of knowledge management and training for regional users and colleagues
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Experience in scoring environmental disclosure, and experience of providing customer service to disclosing organizations.
· A positive and enthusiastic team player with a high level of self-motivation and drive
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· The ability to understand, organize and analyse qualitative and quantitative data;
· Demonstrable ability to process and communicate complex information
· Problem-solving skills
· You thrive on giving great quality customer service
· You enjoy working with data and have meticulous attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards
· You quickly grasp and master new IT systems including a high level of proficiency in MS Office, especially the use of excel for data analysis, and database fluency
· Ideally at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role; customer service, technical support or related.
· Experience with Dynamics365 or another CRM package
· An interest in working for an environmental NGO and an understanding of and desire to promote corporate and sub-national government sustainability
· Academic and/or professional experience in climate change, water security, deforestation, corporate sustainability and/or sustainable cities.
This is a full time based at CDP’s London office reporting to Senior Manager, Planning & Reporting.
Salary and benefits: from £26,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
ASAP. Interviews are being conducted on a rolling basis so early application is advised.