Job Purpose and Background
Are you passionate about the environment? Are you looking for a role where you can sup-port and drive corporate action on climate change? CDP is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join CDP’s corporate engagement team in Hong Kong. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that engages with companies in the Asia Pacific region on dis-closure requirements relating to climate change, water security, and deforestation.
Through this role, you will engage with and support companies in Southeast Asia with a focus on Thailand in their environmental disclosures through CDP. You will also be responsible for increasing memberships to CDP’s programs by developing leads and pitching relevant programs.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, protect forests and safeguard water resources. Working with over 700 institutional investors with assets of over US$130 trillion, and over 280 major purchasers with over US$6.5 trillion in procurement spend, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environ-mental impacts. Over 13,000 companies with over 64% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2021. This is in addition to more than 1,150 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
· Driving growth of CDP’s membership programs (Supply Chain and Reporter Services) among corporations in the region through active account management and delivery of program benefits;
· Identifying, engaging, and converting leads to members and securing membership renewal among existing members;
· Working with program members to integrate environmental data and adopt global best practices;
· Organizing and delivering workshops, webinars, and other events to support program members in advancing their sustainability strategies;
· Support the Corporations and Supply Chains Team in Hong Kong on ad hoc projects and carry out any other work that supports CDP’s operations and international presence, as required.
Required skills and experience:
· BA/BSc degree or similar;
· 2+ years of work experience in the corporate or NGO world, with a focus on corporate sustainability issues and/or reporting;
· Experience in a client-facing role is preferred;
· Ability to interact with senior leadership in the commercial and NGO world;
· Strong analytical skills;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, SharePoint)
· Familiar with CRM systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics) is an advantage.
· Excellent English and other major South East Asian language skills (verbal and written) - Bahasa, Vietnamese and Thai being of especial interest.
· Keen interest in corporate sustainability
· Strong attention to detail and planning skills;
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
· Proactive attitude and taking ownership and responsibility for your own work.
This is a full-time role and based on CDP’s Singapore office. Applicants must be eligible to work legally in Singapore.
Salary and benefits: SGD 42,655.00 per annum, 24 days annual leave, Training and Development and other benefits.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more de-tails on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply
Please supply both your CV (no longer than 2 pages) and a covering letter (strictly within 1 page). This letter should clearly set out your interest in CDP’s mission and how your skills and experience fit with the vacancy. Email your application to email@example.com with “Corporate Relationship Officer (Reporter Services & Supply Chains) - Based in Singapore”, followed by your first name and surname in the subject. The deadline is 12th Aug 2022.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the submission deadline, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.