Are you looking to join the global race to stabilise both the environment and the economy? Are you looking for a role that combines your professional experience with an ethical focus? CDP is where business leaders, financiers and policymakers turn for critical environmental information and innovative, systemic solutions.
This is an exciting, impact-oriented role working on a globally significant issue – the conservation and sustainable use of our ocean. You will be responsible for informing how CDP can support its capital market signatory base to stem the ocean crisis, starting with one of the greatest threats to ocean health – plastic pollution.
The successful candidate will work to operationalise CDP’s Ocean strategy into the day-to-day activities, products and services of the Capital Markets Team, ensuring the highest impact is achieved. You will be responsible for understanding what Capital Market Signatories need to act and positioning CDP well to deliver on it. Specifically, you will have a lead role in ensuring Capital Market perspectives inform the development of ocean-related indicators, tools, research and capacity building programs.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Capital Markets Team
This role sits within the Capital Markets team, responsible for working with institutional investors and other capital markets participants to put vital environmental data at the centre of decision making. The team works to ensure that the information is used to inform investing and lending decisions as well as for more informed corporate engagement.
About the Role
CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual to help us leverage the power of the finance community to drive positive action by the private sector, to improve ocean health, starting with plastics. You will be responsible for identifying the best way CDP can play a pivotal and strategic role in tackling this urgent agenda.
If you are a motivated self-starter who enjoys taking ownership of a project and you want to contribute significantly to the vital work of CDP in catalysing ocean action, this is the role for you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and building strong relationships with key investors, lenders and data providers to understand their need for ocean and plastic-related data.
- Identifying how CDP’s existing thematic strategies, disclosure frameworks, data products and capacity building programs can be adapted to meet these needs and supporting relevant teams across the organization to achieve this.
- Develop and execute a plan to boost investor, lender and data provider demand for CDP’s ocean and plastic-related data and associated scores.
- Building relationships with relevant finance-related initiatives to leverage CDP’s unique contribution and accelerate action.
- Convene and organize investor webinars, roundtables, and other informational events, liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach.
- Answer incoming inquiries and keep the pipeline of opportunities up to date.
- Building ocean and plastics-related understanding and capacity across the Capital Market Team globally.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable expertise in blue finance and the plastics agenda.
- A deep understanding of how capital markets work and the role financial institutions must play to address the ocean and plastic crises.
- At least 6 years relevant work experience at the interface of finance and ocean/environmental action. Additional environmental NGO or corporate sustainability experience is an advantage.
- Strong experience of leading the development of operational plans to deliver program strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A high level of self-motivation and drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues
- Fluency in English
This is an exciting role in a burgeoning program that we hope to expand across the globe as CDP expands its work.
This is a permanent role, based at CDP’s London office with options for remote/hybrid working, reporting into the Global Director, Capital Markets.
Salary and benefits:
Salary £40,000 - £47,000 depending on experience, 30 days’ holiday, generous non-contributory pension and life assurance provision, very flexible, hybrid working arrangement tailored to meet individual needs as well as organisational needs (office based in Central London), excellent wellbeing programme, well established training & development opportunities, other benefits and a collaborative and collegiate and often fun working environment.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV along with a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience, which should be no more than two pages. The deadline is midnight, Monday 29th August 2022.