CDP are looking for a SecOps Engineer to join the infrastructure team based in London. The Lead Cyber Security Engineer role is a new role within CDP, it is an amazing opportunity for you to join a fast paced and exciting team, where you will be defining and implementing new security processes which will allow CDP to continue its security journey.
The business operates within a Linux and Microsoft based Infrastructure both in a DC and in Azure, the SecOps Engineer should be familiar with this Infrastructure and layout as well as VMware, Cisco Meraki and Forcepoint firewalls, advanced DNS and networking as well as Microsoft express routes and VPN’s.
You will be working within a very friendly, supportive, and motivated team who always aspire to do their best. Your role will be responsible for the creation of CDP’s Cyber Security Plans, policies, processes, cyber training, roadmap as well as the management of all security risks within CDP, as well as interacting with the business to highlight the importance of cyber security in the workplace. We are looking for someone who is extremely driven, who understands the importance of being proactive in their approach and who can engage with the business if needed.
About the Technology Team
Dependable, efficient, innovative, and effective technology services are critical to the core function of CDP and enabling it to deliver its core mission. As part of its strategic ambitions CDP has recognised an uplift to technology operations and capabilities is critical to realise its strategic goals of higher impact, improved stakeholder experience and disclosure information. Therefore, we are strengthening the technology function to provide a clear vision and roadmap of the technology landscape, to improve our relationship to key internal and external stakeholders and to build the technology capabilities needed to deliver CDP’s outcomes, while providing a resilient, stable, secure and cost effective IT service.
- Create and implement new cyber security policies, processes and plans ensuring the compliance of all devices within CDP
- On point for responding to and Leading internal and external cyber security audits, customer and auditor information requests and engage to manage the queries.
- Performing regular monitoring for intrusions / unusual activity and investigating and responding to any threats.
- Evaluating new software and hardware for security vulnerabilities and risks.
- Managing MFA, firewalls, web filtering solutions, antivirus, and anti-malware software.
- Performing internal and perimeter firewall configurations and changes.
- Managing Azure AD/ADFS security
- Change Management – Understand critical training needs for stakeholder groups, create training materials and deliver to small groups independently
- Supporting internal IT staff with security matters and reinforcing key security principals
- Requirements definition and management - translate stakeholder needs to requirements and manage these through an ITIL solution delivery lifecycle.
- Providing cyber security support for the IT infrastructure team.
- Own all Security analysis and risk assessments.
- Create KPIs which feed into monthly reporting and at times carry out feedback to the business
Required skills and experience
- Current and maintained awareness of cybersecurity trends and technology developments
- An understanding and respect for the need of having strong governance, policy, data protection and security measures in place, and a strong sense of compliance with set security guidelines
- Demonstrable experience of hands-on cybersecurity work such as monitoring and securing systems, setting policies, rolling out patches, setting up firewalls in monitoring and securing systems.
- Linux and O365 experience
- Experience of cloud security and Azure is essential
- A positive and enthusiastic team player with a high level of self-motivation and drive, committed to achieving high standards
- Able to produce and develop documentation and standard operating Procedures
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills in English
This is a full-time based at CDP’s London office reporting to the Infrastructure and Cloud Manager.
Salary and benefits: Level 5 role. Up to £50,000 per annum, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. Generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Program, life assurance, Training and development, Flexible hybrid working opportunities available.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
The deadline is 2nd September 2022.