Are you passionate about communications and the environment? Are you looking for a role that uses your skills in strategic communications to make a difference? CDP is looking for a full-time Senior Communications Manager, based in our London headquarters. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic business-facing non-profit organization, working to get CDP’s messages across to our key audiences.
The successful candidate will play an integral role within our global communications team, which is responsible for CDP’s external global communications and marketing. You will be a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a wider global team. The successful candidate will lead, develop and implement integrated multi-channel global communications strategies and plans, in line with CDP’s strategic plan and the needs of our target audiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and support the development, implementation and evaluation of a proactive multi-channel communications strategy for CDP’s Capital Markets stakeholders, working closely with central team communications colleagues and those in target regions globally;
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of communications plans and campaigns for specific projects, initiatives and programs of activity across CDP’s target markets, sometimes in collaboration with partner organizations;
- Build relationships with target media and maximize media coverage of CDP through compelling news stories and thought leadership and oversee the coordination of capital markets-related media outreach among global colleagues;
- Develop creative content in line with our content strategy and plan, for media articles, blogs, social media, marketing collateral, etc, working closely with the content team;
- Maximise the effectiveness of key digital channels, working closely with the digital team to apply knowledge of website and social media best practice, SEO, analytics and management tools; and
- Build relationships and manage global coordination with CDP’s partnership networks e.g. as a member of the communications working group for The Investor Agenda;
- Lead and manage several direct reports within the wider communications team; and
- Champion the CDP brand.
Required skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing successful multi-channel communications campaigns which have delivered against project objectives;
- Strong proactive and reactive PR experience and demonstrable knowledge of international media, including financial, business, trade and environment media;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and nurture relationships both internally and externally, including complex multi-stakeholder relationships;
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to process and turn complex information into compelling stories and content;
- Strong content creation, copy-writing and editing skills, including for social media;
- Extensive experience in promoting content on a wide range of digital and traditional platforms;
- Excellent team skills and the flexibility to work across the business and with global offices and projects;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple project and stakeholder demands simultaneously;
- Interest/knowledge/experience of the investment management and/or financial services sector;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; and
- Substantial relevant experience in communications or PR.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience working as part of a global team and managing global communications projects;
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix managed organization;
- Interest/knowledge/experience of environmental issues.
This is a full time, permanent role based at CDP’s Central London office reporting to the Global Head of Communications.
Salary and benefits: Salary starting at £50k per annum dependent on experience, 30 days’ holiday, generous non-contributory pension provision and life assurance provision, plus very flexible, hybrid working arrangement tailored to meet individual needs as well as organisational needs (office based in Central London), excellent Wellbeing programme, well established training & development opportunities, other benefits and a collaborative and collegiate and often fun working environment.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Before you apply:
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please upload your CV and a covering letter into the application form setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. The deadline is COB 12 August.