CDP is looking for a full-time HR Manager to be based in our Tokyo, Japan office. To realize a net-zero, nature positive economy, the role of CDP is more and more important and the activity has been expanded widely. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a dynamic business-facing organization, contributing to establishment of the creative work environment.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 8,400 companies and 920 cities, states and regions disclose their environmental data to CDP. Our platform is one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. By working with institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and information on all HR related topics
- Supporting and advising managers on global policies such as annual reviews and recruitment to ensure they are aligned
- Working with the global HR team and L&D manager to support with training plans
- Support and overseeing the creation and updating of the employee handbook
- Creating and adapting global policies so they are suitable for the Japan office
- Working with the regional HR team and our legal advisors to ensure compliance to local employment law in region
- Coordinating compensation and benefits work in region
- Championing wellbeing and equality, inclusion, and diversity within region
- Partnering with Director in region to help identify talent, help deliver their strategy and assist with recruitment
- Work with the wider global HR team on global projects
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of two years solid HR Advisor experience
- Strong generalist HR experience, particularly recruitment, induction and annual reviews
- Ability to advise and support managers and employees on all areas of HR to achieve results
- Experience of researching, developing and rolling out new policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a keen preference for developing strong collaborative working relationships
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Relevant professional qualification or working to gain full-qualification
- Strong IT skills using the Microsoft Office suite and HR databases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese
- Business level English skill
- Experience of working within a global organisation; and
- Experience of working for a charity or NGO.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Japan office, we would also consider applications from people who want to work part-time.
Salary and benefits: Competitive NGO salary dependent on experience, flexible working opportunities, health insurance, welfare pension and others. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the key responsibilities, which should be in English and Japanese as a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with ‘HR Manager – Japan’ followed by your first name and surname in the subject. The deadline is 16:00 JST, 31 October 2022. Interviews will be held as soon as there is a suitable candidate even prior to the deadline.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.