Job Purpose and Background in summary
Who we are
CDP is a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for investors, companies, cities and governments to assess their impact and take urgent action to build a truly sustainable economy.
We must act urgently to prevent catastrophic climate change and the irreversible loss of nature and habitats. That starts by being aware of our impact so that investors, companies, cities and governments can make the right choices now.
Job purpose and background
Do you want to use your exemplary UX skills to improve the experience of organizations disclosing their environmental impact? Are you a powerful advocate for UX who can build awareness and understanding throughout the organisation, driving continual evidence-led improvements? CDP engages and interacts with its growing base of disclosers primarily digitally across a number of specialised platforms, so building a cohesive, high quality, user experience is crucial to achieving our mission.
In the role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive real change to our users’ experiences, in turn driving positive impact on people and planet. Equally comfortable identifying and initiating new projects as you are working with established project teams, you’ll enjoy a varied workload and the challenge of understanding, and designing for, multiple user segments.
Working in our global marketing team, you’ll be responsible for improving the user experience across our digital platforms, starting with the website. The UX Designer is a new role for CDP so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to shape both the role itself and UX at CDP.
You’ll be responsible for identifying and designing improvements to the user experience, working with colleagues to implement recommended changes.
- Review and improve the usability, accessibility and aesthetics of CDP’s websites and digital platforms globally, in line with our brand strategy and vision.
- Collaborate with colleagues across CDP to identify and prioritise UX projects that will have the greatest positive impact on our audiences, providing advice and expertise on a range of initiatives.
- Manage UX projects from research through to the approval of wireframes and prototypes – presenting concepts to internal and external stakeholders, incorporating feedback and advocating for the user throughout.
- Support and contribute to the review and redesign of our key user journeys to ensure maximum engagement with CDP, particularly for organizations disclosing.
- Run workshops for internal stakeholders to define objectives and priorities and facilitate idea generation.
- Develop a digital design system for application across our digital channels, ensuring a consistent, high-quality and cohesive user experience that meets brand objectives. Work closely with colleagues to implement changes.
- Work with the wider Marketing team and technology colleagues to shape and conduct user research, drawing clear, actionable insight from findings.
- Be CDP’s point person for adhoc UX design decisions through continuous improvement exercises.
Required skills and experience
- Solid experience of designing UX solutions that drive tangible impact on organisational objectives and support brand strategy.
- An ability to conduct competitor analysis & benchmarking, create user journeys, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- A keen eye for user-centric design, coupled with knowledge of UX for accessibility and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels to bring about change.
- The ability to define UX research objectives and deliver on the results.
- Experience working with complex organisations – either in-house or agency-side - managing multiple audiences, objectives and priorities.
- Experience of working within a global organization that communicates in multiple languages.
- A demonstrable track-record of staying ahead of UX trends.
- Experience working directly with developers to optimise CMS website set-up.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience conducting UX testing and research using a range of tools and methodologies.
- Experience of UX design for B2B audiences.
- Experience or running effective Conversion Rate Optimisation programmes.
This is a full-time permanent role based at CDP’s London office reporting to the Global Head of Marketing.
Salary and benefits: £37,643 per annum, 30 days’ holiday, generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Before you apply:
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. The deadline is 9am BST Monday 19 September.