Are you excited by the idea of working in a dynamic team to transform, change and improve digital technologies which underpin and drive the critical business process of an environmental non-profit?
The core business operation of CDP is collecting and using data on climate, water, and forest sustainability. Disclosed by companies, organisations, cities, states and regions globally, the data drives awareness and action to improve the way society impacts the environment.
Dependable, efficient, innovative, and effective technology services are critical to the core function of CDP and enabling it to deliver its core mission. As part of its strategic ambitions CDP is transforming its business, technology, and data capabilities to realise its goals of higher impact, improved stakeholder experience and disclosure information.
This role will empower delivery teams to deliver business results effectively. This role will lead the team to understand and apply the agile framework to the work that they do and help the team in eliminating, reducing or avoiding challenges that may prevent effectiveness. Scrum masters will work closely with the Product Owner, System Analysts, Delivery teams and Support teams.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting, with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Your core responsibilities will comprise the following:
- Interact with multiple and diverse stakeholders in an international work environment.
- Establish/Facilitate/Participate in key agile ceremonies across co-located & virtual teams.
- Flexible with a practical, servant-leader mind-set.
- Ability to challenge the status quo whilst not impacting deliverables
- Identification of team-related blockers and impediments and mitigations.
- Ensure alignment across all workstreams feeding into the engineering programs.
- Support management in the development, implementation & adherence of agile project management processes.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame and being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without assigning or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Working with the Product Owner, and system analysts to handle backlogs and new requests
Required skills and experience:
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Agile change specialist or similar
- Experience with supporting backlog management and product owners in tools such as Azure DevOps, Confluence & JIRA.
- Experience in working across the full life cycle of software development and awareness of SDLC automation Tools.
- Ability to support scrum teams across diverse platforms and ability to juggle multiple priorities using a servant leadership style to deliver a quality increment.
- A relentless approach to continuous improvement of both processes and individuals
- Good knowledge of popular Agile frameworks and how best to utilize the values and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and focus on value creation and work outcomes
- Good communication skills both with technology and business-based individuals
- Strong collaborative problem solver
Desired skills and experience (optional)
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP accreditation would also be desirable
- Exposure to Azure DevOps tooling
- Understanding of Continuous Integration, Dependency Management or Source Control tools
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related field
This is a permanent, full-time role which is based in our London office, with some flexibility to work remotely and report to the Head of Software Engineering.
Salary and benefits:
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and cover letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form and a cover letter as an additional document describing how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
The application deadline is 23.59 on 18th December 2022.