Job title: Project Manager, Global Capital Markets
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Department: Global Capital Markets (GCM)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Global Capital Markets
Job Purpose and Background in summary
Do you care about environmental issues? Would you like to be at the intersection of finance and the NGO world? This is an exciting opportunity in the CDP Japan’s Capital Markets team. You will work together with CDP Japan and the Capital Markets team globally and gain exposure to the ESG community while supporting the financial sector with the transition to a carbon-neutral, water secure and deforestation free world. The role covers Japanese financial institutions.
About CDP: CDP is a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with more than 680 financial institutions with over $130 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Nearly 20,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2022, including more than 18,700 companies worth half of global market capitalization, and over 1,100 cities, states and regions. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About CDP’s Capital Markets Program: CDP works with institutional investors and other capital markets participants to put vital environmental data at the centre of decision making. The information is used to inform investing and lending decisions and for corporate engagement.
The role includes:
Support/assist with following tasks as a member of GCM in Japan:
- Develop and build strong relationships with key investors, lenders and data providers and promote CDP data & scores in the investment community;
- Enhance relationship with existing investor signatories and members in the region to advance their sustainability strategies and assist them in the use of CDP data & scores in their investment process where possible;
- Build new relationships and recruit new signatories, members and data providers;
- Convene and organize investor webinars, roundtables, and other informational events; liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach;
- Develop and maintain guidance and marketing material in PowerPoint decks;
- Work with other programmatic teams in collaborative projects and activities to achieve CDP’s overall strategic plan and mission
- Utilizing CRM database and other internal administrative tools to maintain and add customer records as well as draft and distribute mass emails to CDP constituents;
- Answer incoming inquiries and keep the pipeline of opportunities up to date;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
Required skills and experience:
- An entrepreneurial and enthusiastic spirit with the ability to self-manage and teamwork;
- Good business communications experience, a strong command of business language and confidence in interacting with senior contacts;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes;
- A clear understanding of the aims of CDP’s Global Capital Markets program and a strong conviction about CDP’s impact;
- Data analysis and / or thorough research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite with particular emphasis on Excel;
- Fluency in Japanese, good enough English to communicate with global team, and understand technical documents.
- 2-3 years’ relevant work experience, ideally in the corporate or investor sector, additional environmental NGO or corporate sustainability experience is an advantage;
- Knowledge and understanding of the investing and financial services world;
- Experience in climate change, water security, deforestation and sustainability at large;
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility for your work;
- Presentation skills and a desire to seek out networking opportunities;
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard;
- A flexible but diligent working style, with proven record of working within a team;
- Strong computer software skills, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and analytical skills as well as some knowledge of data management.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Japan office reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Capital Markets.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive NGO salary dependent on experience, flexible working opportunities, health insurance, welfare pension and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Japan.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities (with relevant references/certificates) in English and Japanese as a single PDF file, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with ‘PM Policy – First Name and Surname’ in the subject. The deadline is 16:00 JST, January, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as there is a suitable candidate even prior to the deadline.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.