Job Purpose and Background
Do you like to work on development policies and advocacy on climate change? Do you like to liaise with different stakeholders and contribute to research and analysis? We are looking for a Policy Manager to work closely with the CDP India Director and the global team to support climate change-related policy engagement in India. You would be required to generate and organize knowledge on relevant policy and regulatory developments, policy-related aspects of corporate disclosures to CDP, closely support team members in implementing various aspects of the policy plans and liaising with external partners.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 9,600 companies and 920 cities, states and regions disclose their environmental data to CDP. Our platform is one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. By working with over 515 investors with assets of USD 106 trillion and 147 purchasing organizations with USD 4 trillion procurement spend, CDP leverages investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute research and analysis of CDP data combined with external climate policy research and original thought leadership
- Prepare and share policy briefings on developments on climate front.
- Research, analyse and record policy and regulatory developments in the field of climate change and sustainable development, as well as identify opportunities to engage and influence within the regulatory space.
- Support the policy plans and engagement activity to be delivered centrally and in India
- Identify relevant developments in the policy space, which are important for the CDP initiatives, pro-actively, effectively and in a timely manner.
- Support CDP’s policy engagement and participation in major national and international environmental events across India
- Other duties as requested by India Director.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 6+ years’ work experience of engaging with the government, ministries, regulators in fields relevant to climate change and sustainable development.
- Strong people network of policy makers, government employees and people within the environmental sector
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in MS Office with the ability to prepare presentations, write reports and to analyse data using excel
- Detail-oriented and organised thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- High accountability, ownership of tasks and ability to meet deadlines.
This is a full-time WFO role based at CDP's New Delhi office for a fixed term of 1 year (with possibility of renewal basis performance).
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in India.
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
The deadline is 10th Feb 2023 Midnight.