Are you passionate about working with global businesses to prevent dangerous climate change, halt deforestation and champion water security? CDP is seeking a dedicated, mission-driven Project Officer to join the highly motivated, successful and ambitious Supply Chain team at CDP.
The position is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to develop a career in environmental stewardship, to contribute significantly to the vital work of CDP in improving corporate reporting and action on climate change, deforestation and water security. By joining CDP, you will be welcomed into a dynamic, internationally respected and globally represented NGO with opportunities for professional development.
In this varied role, you will be based in the CDP’s London office supporting the UK Account Managers in CDP’s Supply Chain team to deliver a high standard of service to their member companies and increase the impact of the Supply Chain program in line with CDP’s mission. You will be responsible for carrying out critical operational tasks and data analysis to facilitate key business and strategic activities in the Supply Chain team’s annual work-cycle.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support for the UK CDP Supply Chain team including administrative support to update our database, testing analytics products and IT systems;
- Conducting any analytical and account support needed for member deliverables and operational activities;
- Acting as point of contact for the UK Supply Chain team members, and other teams within CDP, to find information or resolve issues, escalating as appropriate;
- Helping to update and develop key regional resources and guidance in line with global Supply Chain team specifications;
- Coordinating and take notes for team meetings where necessary;
- Assisting with co-ordination of key marketing deliverables such as events, webinars and reports;
- Delivering ad hoc external support including, but not limited to, co-ordinating speakers for events and communicating with Supply Chain members on urgent queries;
- Providing support to the wider UK CSC team that works with companies, as necessary to facilitate collective engagement goals e.g identifying companies for campaigns, providing access to resources managed by Supply Chain
Required skills and experience:
- A very high level of organisation and attention to detail;
- Proven success in providing effective administrative and analytical support;
- Good verbal and written communication;
- Confident presentation skills;
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure;
- A good level of self-motivation and drive;
- A good team player with the ability to work with colleagues around the world; and
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite with particular importance on excel and powerpoint capabilities.
- Experience of CDP and its mission.
This is a full-time, permanent role officially based in CDP’s Central London office.
Salary and benefits: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
Additionally please fill out this additional form (it should take no more than 15-30mins)
The deadline is 7th February.