(Senior) Project Officer, ACT
Job Purpose and Background
CDP is offering an exciting opportunity for somebody with an interest in climate change and climate change data, policy, finance and business to support CDP’s technical work. This role will have a main focus on gathering data and indicators from company reports and various databases, helping pull together data structures, and modelling and calculations of raw and derived indicators to feed assessments of companies in high-impact sectors with respect to climate change.
We are looking for someone who is reliable, efficient and passionate and who takes pride in working to a high standard. The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering tasks to meet the goals of Assessing low-Carbon Transition (ACT) and World Benchmarking Alliance (WBA) project. The ACT project aims to measure a company’s contribution to a low-carbon economy, and in partnership with the WBA, assesses and benchmarks companies within different sectors. Holding some of the world’s most climate impactful companies to account on their low-carbon transition, and assessing against the latest science based climate scenarios.
This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of assessment and thinking about key sectors transition to a low-carbon economy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering on the ACT assessments for companies, including data collection and analysis.
- Preparation of company scorecard reports in conjunction with ACT colleagues, including key challenges and opportunities the company faces in its low-carbon transition.
- Contribution to a report on sector key findings developed through analysis of company assessments.
- Supporting the wider team in engagement with external stakeholders, such as project partners and companies.
- Supporting with presentations and presenting information to colleagues and companies.
- Supporting other tasks that might be necessary within the China CSC team for disclosure support or CDP more generally.
Required skills and experience:
- Background in environment, GHG and/or financial accounting and current issues related with these disciplines, and the ability and willingness to rapidly develop a high level of knowledge (relevant Masters preferred or professional experience);
- Research or Data analysis experience using excel, PowerBI, python or R
- A self-starter willing to take ownership and develop processes to improve the overall delivery of assessments;
- A positive and enthusiastic team player with the ability to work collaboratively and to deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards;
- Ability to present complex information in a simple and concise way;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Terms and Benefits
This is a full-time position.
We offer a competitive salary and social, health and housing funds in accordance with local regulations, with 20 days’ vacation per year (increasing to 25), in addition to national holidays plus commercial supplemental healthcare, etc. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the China.
How to apply
Please express your interest and suitability in the cover letter in English with a resume both in English and Chinese and send it to China.Hr@cdp.net. Use the subject line “(Senior) Project Officer-ACT + Name + Graduate School + Major”. Resumes will be reviewed in rolling basis.
- ACT Methodologies
- Beijing CDP Environmental Consulting Co., Limited
Beijing CDP Environmental Consulting Co., Limited
About CDP Worldwide
CDP have regional offices and local partners spanning 50 countries. There are now companies, cities, states and regions from over 90 countries disclosing through CDP on an annual basis.
Find out more here
(Senior) Project Officer, ACT
Loading application form
Already working at CDP Worldwide?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.