Global Policy Manager – Water
Job Purpose and Background in summary
2023 is a watershed year for the global water crisis and CDP is looking for a Global Policy Manager to help us make a meaningful and quantifiable contribution to this important shift.
If you want to have a global environmental impact by working to boost political will on water then this is the perfect job for you. CDP’s Global Policy Manager, Water, will be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of a programme of activities to catalyse a water-related ambition loop – one in which bold private sector action results in bold government action to deliver a water secure world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing global, and supporting regional, policy campaigns that contribute to strengthened political will to prioritise water. By equipping policy makers with evidence of the actions of companies and financial institutions to advance water security issues, and the demands of the markets for more data, you will ultimately advocate for mandatory water disclosure to be implemented as an essential policy response.
We are looking for a candidate with a solid background in policy campaign management, as well as excellent project management skills. You should be passionate about CDP’s mission and be able to spot opportunities to develop integrated and inclusive multi-sectoral approaches to policy change, as well as expand and grow CDP’s network. You should have a good international network of experts and practitioners and a deep understanding of how policy change is achieved.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and delivery of CDP’s Global Water Security Policy Engagement Campaign
- Understanding, identifying and initiating the production of data, evidence and insights that meet policy stakeholder needs and ensuring these reach their intended audiences
- Co-ordinating campaign activities across a range of teams including Communications, Marketing, Data Analysis and Environmental Practice
- Maintaining and refining CDP’s map of the external policy landscape and stakeholder needs as well as key partners and initiatives that CDP should be engaging and amplifying to achieve our policy objectives
- Actively participate in relevant external water policy meetings, representing CDP and our positions
- Building capacity across the Global Policy Team to enable key regional offices to contribute to the achievement of the campaign objectives
- Supporting the development of CDP positions, including responding to policy consultations
- Engaging and communicating pro-actively, effectively and in a timely manner all relevant actors involved in policy making processes
- Organizing events that bring together public and private sector participants from all the geographies involved in the project
- Providing advice to CDP colleagues and management about water policy issues
- Tracking progress against project KPI’s and support donor reporting
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in campaign management
- Knowledgeable of policies on water disclosure for corporate and financial institutions across the G20 jurisdictions
- A proactive, entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to self-organise
- Excellent relationship management skills, and a track record of successful external engagement with relevant policy actors and decision makers
- Strong project management skills, with proven track record of effectively leading and managing complex workstreams, including managing junior staff
- Solid analytical skills (e.g., in political analysis, research)
- Ability to work well to tight deadlines and in circumstances where things can change quickly, whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and sensitive issues
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven teamwork, management and collaboration skills
This is a full-time role based at CDP office in London or Berlin, reporting to the Associate Director – Policy Engagement and with close collaboration with the Water Security team.
Salary and benefits: 42,000 – 46,000 GBP, annual discretionary bonus, 30 days annual leave, and pension provision, life assurance and others. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK or EU.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
The deadline is 6 pm GMT on 12th May 2023. Please note, regretfully only successful short-listed candidates will be contacted. We trust in your understanding.
- Policy and External Affairs
- CDP Worldwide - London, CDP Worldwide-Services GmbH in Berlin
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About CDP Worldwide
CDP have regional offices and local partners spanning 50 countries. There are now companies, cities, states and regions from over 90 countries disclosing through CDP on an annual basis.
Find out more here
Global Policy Manager – Water
Loading application form
Already working at CDP Worldwide?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.