Operations Lead, Cities, States and Regions
Job Purpose and background
Are you passionate about tackling climate change? Would you like to be at the heart of driving action through environmental disclosure? Are you looking for a role that utilises your leadership skills?
We’re recruiting for an Operations Lead to manage key aspects of CDP’s work on Cities, States and Regions (CStaR).
You will be a responsible for building our capacity to support cities, states and regions and our strategic partnerships – particularly in terms of data sharing, user experience and products and services.
You will play a pivotal role coordinating across teams in the organisation, to ensure operational excellence is delivered for cities, states and regions around the world.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
CDP’s Work with Cities, States and Regions
We support 1,200 cities, states and regions globally to report environmental data each year, helping them to manage emissions, build resilience and create better places for people to live and work. This information is used by major universities, the UNFCCC, the World Bank, the IPCC, and many other organizations which rely on CDP’s sub-national government data for research and decision-making.
- Manage at least one large and strategic grant ensuring cross-departmental deliverables are met to a high standard
- Line and matrix manage a small dynamic team.
- Collaborate with internal teams - including operations, IT, data, to ensure operational excellence is delivered for cities, states and regions around the world.
- Oversee successful delivery of key data products and services.
- Represent the requirements of CSTaRs in various decision making and planning forums at CDP to ensure the requirements of cities, states and regions are met.
- Work closely with team members and senior managers on recruitment, budgeting, operational planning and drafting legal agreements
- Promote our strong team culture of collaboration, excellence and fun.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in operational delivery and managing teams, ideally in a similar area
- Project management qualification or a proven track record of managing complex grants and/or projects
- Success managing relationships at a senior level to reach agreement and find solutions
- Experience in operational planning and budgeting
- Line management experience
- A high level of self-motivation and drive
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- A continuous learning attitude and a strong team player
Desirable criteria (optional)
- Knowledge of climate change and subnational governments and partner landscape
- Experience with IT projects
- Working experience with the non-profit sector
- Experience working on legal agreements
- Change Management experience
- Facilitation skills
This is a full time role based at CDP’s London office reporting to the Global Director, Cities, States & Regions
Salary and benefits: £57,000 - £65,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. The deadline is Sunday 28th May. Interviews are likely to be held remotely week commencing 6th June.
- Cities, States and Regions
- CDP Worldwide - London
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
CDP Worldwide - London
About CDP Worldwide
CDP have regional offices and local partners spanning 50 countries. There are now companies, cities, states and regions from over 90 countries disclosing through CDP on an annual basis.
Find out more here
Operations Lead, Cities, States and Regions
Loading application form
Already working at CDP Worldwide?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.