Technical Officer, Forests Questionnaire
Purpose and Background
Are you passionate about tackling deforestation and forest-related issues? Would you like to be at the heart of driving action through environmental disclosure?
CDP is offering an exciting opportunity to launch a career in environmental sustainability. The successful candidate will join the Questionnaire & Guidance Team, supporting the delivery and development of the corporate questionnaires and guidance materials. In this role you will develop your strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills as well as subject matter expertise, while contributing to a variety of disclosure-related tasks and projects for CDP’s disclosure framework.
About the Questionnaire & Guidance Team
The Questionnaire & Guidance team provides a critical contribution to CDP’s mission. We develop CDP’s world-leading questionnaires and guidance for organizations reporting environmental information to investors, customers and other data-users. We balance completeness, transparency and high quality of data requested by data-users, with the practicality and resources required by companies to collect and report on this data within their own operations and throughout their value chains.
The Q&G team is part of the Disclosure Content team which sits in the Environmental Practices department, responsible for evolving CDP’s thought leadership and disclosure framework.
To support the Questionnaire & Guidance team on a diverse range of tasks related to delivery of questionnaire and guidance material, with a focus on Forests/Land Use but across all CDP themes. This includes:
• Drafting and proofreading content for our questionnaire and guidance materials;
• Analysing response data in Excel to inform revision and development of the questionnaires;
• Responding to internal technical queries on the questionnaires and guidance;
• Preparing and delivering internal and external communications materials;
• Inputting content in CDP’s online disclosure systems, and checking and testing the questionnaires and guidance;
• Assisting the other Disclosure Content teams with a variety of analytical, research and system tasks as required.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet CDP’s operational needs.
Required skills and experience
• Academic and/or professional understanding of forests management and forests-related issues, corporate environmental responsibility and corporate sustainability reporting;
• A demonstrable understanding of the global sustainability agenda and of forests-related risks, opportunities, and impacts for companies.
• Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills, with an ability to pay attention to detail;
• The ability to organize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data, and present results concisely.
• Strong communication skills, including a high standard of written English;
• The ability to present complex information in a simple and concise way;
• Flexible working style with experience working within a team to deliver projects.
This is a full-time role on a permanent contract. It is based at CDP’s Central London office, starting 24th July 2023 and reporting to the Technical Manager, Forests Questionnaire.
This is a grade 7 role with salary and benefits: £27,000 - £32,500 per annum dependent on experience, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits. There is a 6-month probationary period.
Before you apply
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in our relevant global locations. CDP does not sponsor visas.
Privacy notice: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages.
The deadline is midnight GMT Sunday 26th May 2023, with interviews planned for w/c 12th June 2023.
Please note that while all applications will be reviewed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Questionnaire & Guidance
- CDP Worldwide - London
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
CDP Worldwide - London
About CDP Worldwide
CDP have regional offices and local partners spanning 50 countries. There are now companies, cities, states and regions from over 90 countries disclosing through CDP on an annual basis.
Find out more here
Technical Officer, Forests Questionnaire
Loading application form
Already working at CDP Worldwide?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.