Senior Technical Officer, Climate Change Questionnaire
Job Purpose and Background in summary
Are you passionate about environmental issues, tackling climate change, deforestation and improving water security? Would you like to be at the heart of driving changes through environmental disclosure?
CDP’s Questionnaire & Guidance Team is looking for a Senior Technical Officer to work on the development of its corporate climate change questionnaire, guidance and related technical materials, and also to support the wider team to ensure that outputs are delivered accurately and efficiently into our online disclosure platform.
This role requires the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, to analyze complex data, and to think critically and innovatively. You will apply your strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills to contribute to a variety of disclosure-related tasks, and to support technical queries from companies and colleagues related to corporate climate disclosure. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance GHG accounting and environmental reporting knowledge across a range of topics and industrial sectors.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change - find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Questionnaire & Guidance Team
The Questionnaire & Guidance team is part of the wider Disclosure Content team. We develop the content of CDP’s corporate questionnaires and reporting guidance materials and deliver them into CDP's disclosure framework as part of the annual reporting cycle. To do so, we work closely with a variety of other teams and functions across CDP.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Technical Manager in day-to-day tasks related to the content development and delivery of the climate questionnaire and guidance;
- Supporting the planning, implementation and optimization of the team’s processes and procedures related to the input of content into CDP’s online systems - across CDP’s three themes of climate change, forests and water security;
- Coordinating the associated tasks of the Technical Officers;
- Responding to internal technical queries on the climate change questionnaire and guidance;
- Analysing response data and conducting research to inform the questionnaire revisions and developments;
- Drafting and proofreading content for technical documents;
- Preparing presentations and presenting information to colleagues;
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A relevant academic qualification and professional experience in a climate change or corporate sustainability-related role;
- A demonstrable understanding of the global climate change agenda, and of climate-related risks and opportunities for companies;
- The ability to organize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data, and present results in a clear and concise way;
- Experience in establishing operational processes and supervising junior staff;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills;
- Excellent standard of written English;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with an ability to work effectively and accurately under pressure, and paying attention to detail.
- Experience or knowledge of environmental reporting frameworks.
- Knowledge of greenhouse gas accounting standards;
- Familiarity with the CDP climate change questionnaire;
- Advanced level Excel data analysis skills;
- Hands on experience of IT systems;
- Familiarity with project management concepts;
This is a full-time role on a permanent contract, based at CDP’s central London office, and reporting to the Technical Manager, Climate Change Questionnaire.
Salary and benefits: £30,626 - £37,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities. The covering letter should be no more than two pages. The deadline is 9am Monday 19th June.
- Questionnaire & Guidance
- CDP Worldwide - London
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
CDP Worldwide - London
About CDP Worldwide
CDP have regional offices and local partners spanning 50 countries. There are now companies, cities, states and regions from over 90 countries disclosing through CDP on an annual basis.
Find out more here
Senior Technical Officer, Climate Change Questionnaire
Loading application form
Already working at CDP Worldwide?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.