Role Title: Lead Engineer – Disclosure
About Team: The Digital Directorate delivers cross-cutting digital components and services which support delivery across CDP. This aims to achieve a shared vision of a modern, digital and collaborative organiszation.
Reporting To: Global Head of Engineering
Purpose of Role:
Each Lead Engineer will own the development of one of the products in the portfolio, built in the Azure ecosystem and will be responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers.
Drive the development of the Disclosure platform and engineers within the Disclosure squad by leading the build of scalable, stable, software solutions using Agile/DevOps methodologies that delivers on the needs of customers.
Direct Reports and Main Stakeholders (internal and external):
- Build effective relationships with the Head of Engineering and across the Digital Directorate to provide expert advice and guidance highly complex issues.
- Ability to deal with confidential, challenging and highly sensitive issues / situations, which involve significant negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills. Manage relationships with customers / delivery partners / contractors.
- Deal with people at all levels confidently, sensitively and diplomatically. Interaction with others and the ability to successfully influence, negotiate and motivate are fundamental to the role. The ability to set and create the right working climate is critical to the success of the role.
- Consult with stakeholders to identify requirements. Lead partnership working with internal and external services / organizations. Chair internal / external working groups. Influence their decisions.
Input into Engineering budget.
Examples of Tasks /Activities associated with Role:
- Lead a squad of engineers in the development of a core component of the organization’s digital product portfolio
- Support Product Owner with technical engineering inputs on backlog creation, feature/epic/story definition, prioritization, and estimation
- Take full ownership of your engineering product and squad, delivering against agreed objectives and key results (OKRs), fostering collaboration and a good engineering culture
- Define, implement and oversee end to end software development process using Agile, Scrum and DevOps methodologies
- Write high-quality code using an object orientated language (Frontend: React, Typescript, backend: NodeJS, Typescript)
- Perform regular code reviews and ensure quality assurance processes to ensure code quality, maintainability, security, and adherence to company standards / industry best practice. Provide constructive feedback to the team to continually improve software development practices
- Support architecture team in solution definition and design
- Make decisions regarding technologies, frameworks and design patterns to foster collaborative, efficient ways of working as well as high quality product out-put
- Work with CDO, Head of Engineering, HR team to recruit, onboard and manage talent
Key Skills/Abilities and Behaviours required for the Role:
- Previous experience leading, assessing and mentoring engineers
- Hands-on skills in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Frontend: React, typescript, backend: NodeJS, Typescript)
- Experience building cloud native solutions preferably with Microsoft Azure
- Experience owning testing strategy and implementation, preferably have exp managing QA as part of squad for test strategy
- Experienced working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Has hands on experience in web application development
- Experience in complex multi-product data driven companies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with charities, NGOs, or similar organizations preferred
- Knowledge, interest, and passion of the environmental and / or sustainability space will be an advantage
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experiences align with requirements of the role. To apply, click on the following link:
Job Application for Lead Engineer (Disclosure) at CDP (greenhouse.io)