Reporting To: Lead Engineer
Purpose of Role:
Develop products for the company’s digital portfolio, built in the Azure ecosystem. You will play a key role in developing, maintaining and improving key products that will enable global customers to measure their climate impact.
- Work collaboratively within one of the cross-functional product squads.
- Analyse raw data, develop and maintain data processing applications, improve data quality and efficiency
- Build, monitor, improve the data pipelines on Azure
- Build a strong, scalable and high-quality applications
- Perform regular code reviews to ensure code quality, maintainability, security, and adherence to company standards / industry best practice
- Optimise the application’s performance and ensure its scalability
- Gather requirements, provide technical expertise, and contribute insights to enhance the software solutions.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive technical documentation, ensuring smooth collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation and improvement.
Key Skills/Abilities and Behaviours required for the Role:
- Experience building cloud native solutions preferably with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in building a data platform on Azure (Syn-apse, Spark, Azure Data factory, PowerBI)
- Experience with data design patterns, such as medallion architecture & data vault
Strong proficiency in Python
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code is beneficial (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience in complex multi-product data driven companies is desired
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with charities, NGOs, or similar organisations preferred
- Knowledge, interest, and passion for the environmental and / or sustainability space will be an advantage
Python, Spark, Synapse, Azure DF, Power BI, Terraform
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experiences align with requirements of the role. To apply, click on the following link:
Job Application for Data Engineer (Data Platform) at CDP (greenhouse.io)