Reporting To: Head Of Architecture
Purpose of Role: Own the end-to-end platform solution in azure with a focus on cloud, security and infrastructure. You will work along-side the engineers in designing, developing and improving key products that will enable global customers to measure their climate impact.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions using Azure
- Design robust, scalable, and cost-effective cloud architectures that meet the organization's performance, security, and compliance needs.
- Work with the engineering team to deploy and manage cloud solutions inc. provisioning and configuring resources, setting up networking, and integrating services.
- Establish and maintain security measures to safeguard data and applications in the cloud.
- Implement best practices for identity & access management, encryption, and compliance with industry standards.
- Continuously monitor and optimize the performance of cloud-based applications and services.
- Develop strategies to manage and optimize cloud-related costs. Monitor resource usage, recommend cost-saving measures, and implement budget controls.
- Maintain clear and comprehensive technical documentation, ensuring smooth collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends to drive innovation and improvement.
Key Skills/Abilities and Behaviours required for the Role:
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture, infrastructure, and security
- Experience with Azure services, including compute, storage, networking, databases, and analytics
- Track record of completing end to end Azure deployments from project scoping to delivery.
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Experience in complex multi-product data driven companies is desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working with charities, NGOs, or similar organisations preferred.
- Knowledge, interest, and passion for the environmental and / or sustainability space will be an advantage.
- Cloud: Azure
- Front end: ReactJS, Zustand
- Back End: GraphQL, Typescript / NodeJS, NestJS
- Analytics & data platform: Synapse analytics, Python, Purview
- Test: Jest, Cypress,
- Visualisation: Power BI
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experiences align with requirements of the role. To apply, click on the following link:
Job Application for Solution Architect at CDP (greenhouse.io)